For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (including any legislation incorporating it into local law), we are required to explain to you why we ask for personal information about you, how we intend to use the information you provide and whether we will share this with anyone else.
We are the data controller which means that we are responsible for and control the processing of the personal Information that we collect about you or that you give to us. “Personal Information” or “personal data” means information that can be used to identify or contact you.
My Rent Rewards is registered with the Information Commissioners Office as a data controller. Our registration number is ZA306081.
My Rent Rewards is a company registered in England under Company number 11074376, whose registered office is at 1 Burwood Place, London, W2 2UT.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on the App.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use the App and to present timely, relevant information to them.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation, My Rent Rewards has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you or have about you from other sources.
There are rules and guidelines we must follow when handling your information. These are referred to as Data Protection Principles.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information when you provide it yourself or when we automatically collect it:
· Contact information including email address and telephone number;
· Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests;
· Details of your tenancy, including the name of your landlord, rent account number, weekly / monthly rent amount, frequency of rent
· Personal financial information relating to your household income and expenditure;
· Payment card information such as card number and expiry date;
· App usage data - details of your use of our App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other
communication data, and the pages and other resources that you access;
· Technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your mobile phone to the Internet, the type of
mobile device you use, mobile network information, browser type and version, time zone settings, operating systems and platforms.
· Other information relevant to client enquiries
· Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
We use your personal information on the following legal basis for the following purposes:
1. To perform our agreement to provide services to you including:
· to verify your identity and manage and operate your account;
· to carry out our obligations under our agreement with you including, for example, the allocation of cashback to you;
· to provide you with information relating to your cashback balance;
· to provide you with information about the brands we work with and where you can use their services, including information about new
brands joining My Rent Rewards;
· to provide you with information about our partners including discount offers from the brands we work with;
· to make automated decisions, using your personal information, such as providing you with rewards, benefits and promotional offers
based on your previous transactions;
· to determine if you are in financial difficulty and signpost you to relevant debt advice agencies, with your consent;
· to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us;
· to notify you about changes to our App or Services.
2. For our legitimate interest including:
· for our own internal records;
· to improve the products and services we provide;
· to contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
· to customise the App for you;
· to send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you;
· to contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
3. To comply with our legal obligations including:
· preventing and prosecuting fraud; and
· meeting legal, regulatory, insurance and security requirements.
4. Where you have consented including:
· where you have provided your express consent, to provide you with information about the products or services of the brands we work
with, your landlord and other My Rent Rewards partners as notified to you at the time of obtaining your consent, which we feel may
interest you by post, email, SMS, push notification or other electronic messaging methods;
· where you have provided express consent, and if you use our App, we may use push notifications to contact you for these purposes.
· If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages from us, you can opt out at any time. To do so,
please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the marketing messages you receive from us or contact us at
email@example.com. If you no longer want to receive push notifications from us, you can update your preferences for the App
via your device settings.
5. Anonymised information
· We may also use anonymised personal information about you when we prepare aggregated data reports showing anonymised
information for the purpose of advising ourselves, the brands we work with, your landlord and our other business partners regarding
past and potential future patterns of spending, fraud, and other insights that may be extracted from this data.
· Analyse our app traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the App structure, design, content and
· Identify whether you are signed in to our App.
· Test content on our App. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
· Store information about your preferences. The App can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
· To recognise when you return to our App. We may show you relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
· Track your transactions. When you make a purchase on a retailer's site, it is the information from your payment network (e.g.
MasterCard, Visa, and American Express) that give us the information to track your transactions with retailers so that we can give you
· Provide you with recommended offers, based on your use of My Rent Rewards and the interests you select.
· Our website and App uses some cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer or other device.
These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website or App, which helps us to provide you with a good experience
when you use our website or App and allows us to improve our services.
· We use analytical cookies to analyse the use of our App.
· We also use a third-party tracking provider to analyse the flow and conversion of new users through our App.
· Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer, mobile phone or any information about you, other than that which you
choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.org.
Who might we share your personal information with?
We may need to share personal information with third parties. We do this to achieve the purposes as set out in this document. If you do not wish your personal information to be shared in this way, you must not register for the App and you must not use our App.
We will share information with your landlord to:
· Verify your tenancy with them
· Assist you with any rent arrears
· Help your landlord communicate with you and vice versa
· Assist with any budgeting requirements you may have
· Support those who may be affected by welfare reform
We will share information with payment networks and brands to:
· identify transactions you make using your payment cards – this information is protected by being “tokenised” for us by a service
provider, which means the actual card number is replaced by a different number which cannot be linked to your actual card number;
· share information about how you use your payment card with brands so that you receive the benefit of our service for example, so that
you receive your cashback or other benefits provided by the brands we work with;
We may also disclose your personal details, if required to do so, by law or any Government body. Your landlord may use the data we provide to them to prevent and detect tenancy fraud.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to the brands we work with, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to the brands we work with to reach the kind of audience they want to target.
We will never sell personal information to a third party.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
· The right to be informed about the information we hold about you;
· The right of access to that information;
· The right to rectify the information where it is inaccurate or is incomplete;
· The right to delete the information we hold about you;
· The right to restrict processing of that information;
· The right to data portability;
· The right to object to our use of your information and ask us to stop that use;
· Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling;
To exercise any of the rights referred to above, you should contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing or writing to: My Rent Rewards, 1 Burwood Place, London, W2 2UT
If we use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on you, you have the right to challenge such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing your own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from us.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your data for as long as you hold an account with My Rent Rewards. Your account can be ended by sending an email to or deleting your account. For more information please refer to Deleting Your My Rent Rewards Account in the section below.
Access to personal Information
You have a legal right to see the personal information we hold on you. This is called a Subject Access Request.
There is no fee charged to you for a Subject Access Request. However, if you require further copies of your data following a request, we may charge you for the administrative costs of providing further copies.
We will also ask you for two forms of identification. By law we have one month from the day after we receive your request to deliver the information.
Your right to certain information may be restricted. For example, information relating to a third person or information relating to a police investigation.
To request your data, please email or write to: My Rent Rewards, 1 Burwood Place, London, W2 2UT
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
· App Settings. You can change your personal details such as your email and personal details at any time. You can do this by signing
into your account and going to the ‘My User Profile’ on the menu screen
· Deleting Your My Rent Rewards Account. You may delete your My Rent Rewards account at any time (including if you want to revoke
your consent to our use of your information) by sending an email to or accessing the ‘Help ‘screen on the
app and selecting ‘Delete my Account’.
· When you delete your My Rent Rewards account, all your data is deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we
no longer need to operate and provide our services. This also includes any details of cashback earnt. Therefore, before you delete
your account, please take a screenshot of your balance. We will ask for a copy of the screenshot together with the screenshot details
so that we can verify the balance at the date of the screenshot.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our App, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
· Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by push notification email, telephone, text message or post.
· Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by push notification, email, telephone, text message or post.
Please note there are some communications that are an integral part of the My Rent Rewards service and cannot be opted-out of. These communications cover, amongst other things, Rent Notifications, changes to the My Rent Rewards service and your actual or potential transactions with retailers. They can be brought to an end by deleting your Account. To delete your account, please refer to the Managing Your Information section above. If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
· Sign in to our App and change your opt-in settings.
· Send an email to
· Write to us at: My Rent Rewards, 1 Burwood Place, London, W2 2UT
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
We will always hold your information securely. We are committed to protecting your personal information. All information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers and access to this database is restricted internally.
While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we use reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
Access to your account is password-protected for your privacy and security. While we do our best to protect your personal information you also must protect yourself by:
· Keeping your password or other access information secret.
· Ensure no-one else uses My Rent Rewards while your machine is "signed in" to the My Rent Rewards App.
· Make sure you sign out from your account when not using it.
· Ensure that only you have access to the details of your ‘Pay Now’ method, which are intended to be kept secret.
Links from our site
Our App contains links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the My Rent Rewards domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for overseeing what we do with your information and monitoring our compliance with data protection laws.
If you have any concerns or questions about our use of your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer, by emailing or writing to: My Rent Rewards, 1 Burwood Place, London, W2 2UT
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us using the details above.
My Rent Rewards tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We take any complaints we receive seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading, inaccurate or inappropriate.
If you remain unhappy with our response you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office by writing to:
Information Commissioners Office